Legal Expense Coverage designed specifically for Mutual Fund Dealers
ARAG is designed to respond to a variety of legal issues commonly faced by mutual fund dealers. The policy helps protect you and your business by covering your legal costs. It fills gaps in traditional insurance coverage in the following legal situations:
Personal Legal Defence: If an insured is prosecuted for a highway traffic or motor vehicle offence, or for a criminal offence in relation to their work as a mutual fund dealer.
Business Contract Disputes and Debt Recovery: If you face a dispute relating to the selling or buying of goods, or the obtaining or providing of services.
Personal Contract Disputes: If an insured faces a dispute relating to the selling or buying of goods, or the obtaining of services.
Business Bodily Injury: If someone causes an insured bodily injury, illness, or death during the course of their employment.
Personal Bodily Injury: If someone causes an insured bodily injury, illness, or death outside the course of their employment.
Business Tax Protection: If you face an audit or wishes to appeal a decision from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
Personal Tax Protection: If an insured faces a tax audit or wishes to appeal a decision from the CRA relating to their personal tax affairs.
Disciplinary Hearings and Investigations: If you face an investigation or disciplinary proceeding by the MFDA, relating to your work as a mutual fund dealer.
Legal Advice Helpline: Unlimited access to a general legal advice helpline for any legal issue.
- For all business coverage:
- Insured person: you and your directors, officers, partners, managers and employees.
- For all personal coverage:
- Insured person: you, your spouse or civil partner, or any children normally living with you.
- For all coverage:
- You, your: the mutual fund dealer shown in the policy coverage summary page.
- Anyone claiming under this policy must have your agreement to claim.
Conditions and Deductibles:
- $500 deductible for every Business or Personal Tax Protection claim
- Amount in Business Contract Disputes & Debt Recovery disputes must exceed $500
- Amount in Personal Contract Disputes & Debt Recovery disputes must exceed $350
Premiums and Limits:
Limits of Indemnity
Limit of Indemnity
ARAG provides you the financial security to continue your legal action over time and against well-funded foes. It also includes unlimited access to general legal advice for any legal question, regardless if the issue is covered by your policy or not. Just like having a lawyer on retainer, advice is only a phone call away. We encourage you to call as often as needed. Gain confidence and peace of mind with ARAG.
Get your legal expense coverage today
*Coverage is subject to the terms, conditions, and exclusions of the policy. For full details of coverage, including any conditions and limitations, please read the ARAG policy wording. Deductibles may apply.