LECbusiness THE RIGHT SOLUTION
SOME GAPS TO BE AWARE OF
Your current commercial insurance portfolio covers many legal issues, but there are gaps. A LECbusiness Legal Expense Insurance policy protects business owners when they are faced with common legal issues. It provides financial coverage for defence and plaintiff legal costs for employment-related risks that are not typically protected by traditional commercial insurance policies. For example, business owners are exposed to legal matters such as breach of contract disputes, business statutory licence suspension, criminal defence claims, tax disputes, and debt recovery claims.
Not sure if Legal Expense Insurance is the right insurance solution for your business?
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Could your business afford the financial impact of a two-day civil action that would cost more than $30,000?
- Have you ever been subject to an investigation by an occupational health and safety board?
- Have you experienced issues concerning breach of contract or collection of money owed?
- Would you have the time and resources to defend your business if someone pursued legal action against you?
- Do you know someone who lost their business due to the legal fees and damages associated with a lawsuit?
- How many times in the past year have you wished you could pick up the phone to talk to a lawyer without having to worry about paying their fees?
- Would you know who to turn to for help if your business was being audited by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)?
- What would you do if your business licence or permit was taken away or suspended?
- If a subcontractor did not complete a large project within the original agreed upon parameters, would you have the resources to hire a lawyer and deal with the costs of a civil suit?
- Are you interested in having access to a lawyer to help you deal with labour disputes?
Legal Advice Line
Get access to 24 /7 Legal Support: